ELECTION SCHEDULE 2022
February 15, 2022 - Spring Primary (if needed)
April 5, 2022 - Spring General Election
August 9, 2022 - Fall Primary
November 8, 2022 - Fall General Election
Wisconsin voters have a one-stop access to information about exercising their right to vote at: www.myvote.wi.gov
ARE YOU QUALIFIED TO VOTE?* You may vote in the Town of Holland if:
- You are a United States citizen.
- You are 18 years or older on election day.
- You have lived in the Town for at least 28 days before this election.
- You are not currently serving a sentence including incarceration, parole, probabtion or extended supervision for a felony conviction.
STATE LAW: Photo ID is required to vote. For voter ID information, see: http://bringit.wisconsin.gov/
APRIL 5, 2022 SAMPLE BALLOTS:
Sample ballot County Board District 21
Sample ballot County Board District 23
Sample ballot County Board District 25
Register to Vote
Registering to vote allows you to participate in the electoral process and gives you the power to make a difference in deciding who will serve in an elected office. Registering to vote has never been easier or more convenient. You can register in person or you can download a registration form and register through the mail. There is an exception to registering via mail or online = 20 days before each election you may only register in the Clerk's office. Of course, all electors may register at the polls on election day.
Forms & information available at: www.myvote.wi.gov or http://bringit.wisconsin.gov/
To register to vote, see instructions: Voter Registration
Note: State Law does not allow for voting or registration in the clerk’s office on the Monday the day before the election.
Absentee Ballot request (deadline 5:00 p.m. Thursday before the election)
- By mail: send a letter with your name, address and signature stating that you are requesting an absentee ballot for the election(s) [list which date(s)]. You must also provide a copy of your photo ID the first time you vote by mail. Or use the Wisconsin form. Ballots will be mailed to you within 24 hours and will include a return envelope (stamped & addressed). Send the letter to:
Town of Holland
W7937 County Road MH
Holmen, WI 54636
- On-line at www.MyVote.wi.gov
- In person at the Clerk’s office which may be done 14 days prior to the election (up until 5:00 p.m. on Friday before election day) during clerk hours (see bottom of the "home" page screen).
For further information, see the Wisconsin Election Commission instruction page.
***Remember, you must be a registered voter to vote absentee and you must provide a photo ID.
The Election Process
Spring Primary – means the nonpartisan primary held the 3rd Tuesday in February to nominate candidates to be voted for at the spring election.
Spring Election – means the election held on the first Tuesday in April to elect judicial, educational and municipal officers and nonpartisan county officers and during presidential election years, to express preference for the person to be the presidential candidate for each party.
Partisan Primary – means the primary held the 2nd Tuesday in August to nominate candidates to be voted for at the general election, and to determine which candidates for state offices other than district attorney may participate in the Wisconsin election campaign fund.
General Election – means the election held in even-numbered years on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November to elect the President of the United States, United States senators, representatives in congress, state senators, representatives to the assembly, district attorneys, state officers other than the state superintendent and judicial officers, and county officers other than supervisors and county executives.
Any questions, call or stop by the Clerk’s office: 608-526-3354
Marilyn Pedretti, Clerk